The press conference regarding the 23rd World Senior Chess Championship for men and women was held within the Grand hotel 4 Opatijska Cvijeta during Tuesday 05.11.2013. whose attendants were the following:
- Boris Golubović, Chess club Rijeka president
- Samir Barać, Rijeka Sports Association president
- Valerij Jurešić, Head of the Department for Culture, Sport and Technical Culture MLC
- Ivan Sarajlić, Milenij hotels Corporate Communications Manager
- Srđan Zelenika , Chess club Rijeka secretary
The organizer of the 23rd individual senior chess championship 2013 has provided for an accommodation in standard double and single rooms in Opatija, the oldest Croatian tourist resort, famous for its friendly climate, large botanic garden and Central European architecture, unique at the Mediterranean. The doors to the players will be opened by the Milenij hotels in their accommodation units categorized with four and five stars.